Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday in Kunming

Okay, so my favorite of all China pictures is in this group. You have to go to Micah’s picture and our shutterfly account under Thursday in Kunming. Guess which one it is??!!

 

I am still laughing that I thought to take the pictures. I’m telling you I am still laughing about all of our experiences this trip.

 

I have a bruise, no kidding, on my hand from Isaac and I holding hands so hard crossing the streets here. I’ve heard that Kunming has the population of New York City… I’m guessing that it has more people crammed into fewer square miles though… it is CROWDED. And of course pedestrians do not have the right of way in China even if you are white and every old lady tells you your son is beautiful. They are talking about Isaac too.

 

We did try to find 2 foster villages today and successfully found one and the city of another. Those are the pictures that are of rural China. That is probably what his foster village looked like but it was harder to get to and the other direction so we didn’t go. We may look into getting a cab to go to YuQuan which is where we think he could have been from tomorrow a.m. but we aren’t sure yet. It was a fun day walking around China with our new friend, Colin. We met him earlier this week and he is not a believer but he is an English teacher at a local middle school. He’s been very friendly and we’ve been able to share with him.

 

Tomorrow evening we head to Guangzhou for the last part of our journey. Clayton and I both have felt like this is most likely our last adoption so we’ve tried to enjoy each step along the way. Except for the excessive TA wait I feel like we have and our time in China has been no different. The screaming 2 year old at restaurants has had it’s trying moments but we are able to look back and laugh at least. That’s the only time he’s gotten fussy (well that and nap time in the car today). He kept screaming that he wanted candy then fell asleep.

 

Grateful that the kids at home are doing better. Thank you for praying, please keep it up!!

No comments: