Saturday, March 3, 2012

Friday and Saturday

We arrived in Guangzhou fairly unscathed which is more than I can say for those in the airplane next to us. Micah is not too keen on being contained and bored. We even bought some Xi Yang Yang videos but it didn't keep his attention past take off.

Let's just say I'm very grateful for some liquid melatonin from another adoptive family. I'll be using it liberally on the way home.

Click on Micah's picture to see photos of our last day in Kunming and first day in Guangzhou. The wide open spaces on the island have been a welcome change for both boys. Micah did well at his medical exam all things considered... those things would be extreme times of waiting.

We met lots of neat families from our agency and enjoyed getting to know them during those times of waiting!

Then we came back to the hotel, finished some paperwork with our guide and then strolled around the island shopping, playing, and eating.

Isaac has been quite the celebrity blowing bubbles for everyone outside of each shop. He started counting how many times he had his picture taken. Then we got Lucy's takeout for I and the rest of us enjoyed a great Thai/ Chinese restuarant... everyone was happy with their food :)

Thursday was Clayton and I's 15 year anniversary. What a gift to be in China for our anniversary but he also gave me a sweet 15 year anniversary ring that has 3 rubies and 6 diamonds for our 6 kids. That was VERY thoughtful and I really love it. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY... I LOVE YOU!!!!

1 comment:

Juley said...

Are you staying at the White Swan? I had heard that it had closed for awhile for renovations. Sooo happy for you guys!!