Thursday, March 1, 2012

More on Thursday in Kunming

We enjoyed dinner and a walk in the park with another adoptive family tonight. They have their 15 year old, 5 year old, and newly adopted 19 month old with them.

We ate at a French cafe and Isaac loved the cheeseburger and fries. We all liked the cheesecake and pizza. I took a picture but it turned out very fuzzy since I was wrangling Micah at the time. He doesn't like waiting for the food to come nor does he like to wait for everyone else to finish so Clayton and I take turns walking outside with him.

We also got to eat at a good Chinese restaurant today in CaoPuZhen (one of the foster villages we went to). Believe it or not it's the first Chinese meal, other than the dumplings we bought on the side of the streeet I've like in Kunming. Dali was great but Kunming food not so much. There is a particular spice that I am not at all fond of and for me to say that about Chinese food is very odd. It's not spicy, it's just bad in my opinion. Really, it makes me feel nauseous. It's crazy... anyway it was nice to enjoy a Chinese meal in China! Can you tell it was one of the things I was looking forward to about being here?!!

This next comment is for Carey ;) who says all the time how she thinks Josh and Clayton look alike... I know she's crazy. Well, now she claims Micah looks like me. Guess what... today he even snorted when he laughed... it was so funny. Maybe he doesn't look like me Carey but he may just act like me... except in restuarants of course!!! Well, I can get pretty crazy about waiting on my food too so maybe we are similar in that way! :)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You don't love the food in Kunming? Wow. It is our favorite and we like the spicy food. I don't think you are getting good quality food in Kunming if it is making you nauseous.

It is really that good. Of course we have only been to places our guides and/or CWI officials take us. They places are nice we've eaten at to be sure. I have never found bamboo anywhere else in China (or anywhere) that compares to that in Kunming. Even our 12YO son, who is picky about his Chinese food, loved the food in Kunming too. We had many spicy dishes there as well. All of the SW provinces (Guizhou, Yunnan, Sichuan and Chongqing) are known for their spice.

Oh well. Maybe next time you can get some good quality food there. ;)