Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Micah

We are just beginning to be able to come up for air at times and are grateful. Unfortunately the flu has struck our Faith also we are dealing with that (we are all on TamaFlu) but we are still enjoying our newest blessing and Joshua seems to be healing well. Thursday is his post op visit so we'll see what the doc says then about how things look inside his ear.
Micah is doing really great. He is still quite the active hand full but we added "some" school to the mix (a little of the 3 R's and Bible) so we are getting somewhere at least. Don't criticize me but I pay the girls to take turns watching Micah. Today was our first full day at home with no dr. appts and we had a good day!

Micah is such a "joyful soul" as many people have called him. Of all our adoptions this is the one I struggled the most with. I spent 6 weeks thinking I should just advocate for him but God's spirit wouldn't let me-over and over again. I spent those same 6 weeks thinking about all the unknowns like how Joshua would react, Micah's unknown medical needs, more dr. appts, having a toddler again, etc., etc. I had 2 people in particular just tell me, "Angie, you are going to have to just decide if he is your son or not." They were right.

Then, God did something so sweet. All these thoughts were always in the back of my mind and as I was helping Josh get dressed one day I really felt like God told me to stop thinking on all the reasons why we shouldn't and think about all the blessings I'd be missing out on. I really feel like God gave me a glimpse into Micah's personality. That he would be that "joyful soul" and give us SO much joy. I'm not claiming that having a 2 year old that gets into everything and does have medical needs is always fun BUT it is a blessing. It's easy to see when he screams "Yay" anytime we go anywhere. I was reminded of that still, small voice as I watched him in his car seat a few days ago suck on a sucker, then suck on his fingers like he does when he's tired, and then back to the sucker, over and over again.

And Josh and Micah... we really just had to trust God to work this out in Josh's life as well. I really expected God to mature Josh before we left for China but instead he has in the few days we've been home. It's been incredibly to see Joshua's God given wisdom and maturity. His little brother hasn't exactly been the picture perfect little dude either... always wanting whatever Joshua has. But Joshua has yet to "freak out" or revert back to babyish ways. He has really risen to the occasion.

I guess the moral to the story is that... it is ALWAYS best to follow God's leading, even when the outcome invokes fear in you and you can think of EVERY excuse not to do something. He does have our back after all ;) and this is just another peg in building our trust in Him.

No comments: