Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Things I will and won't miss about China

Things I will miss…
Breakfast buffets… already made and ready, with lots of choices, that I didn’t have to make!

Hearing Zhi Zhou chatter away in Chinese to anyone he meets. Soon enough it'll be English but I'll miss hearing his voice in Chinese.

Hearing the Chinese language and seeing Chinese people everywhere… I always miss it every time I leave this country.

Things I will NOT miss…

Living in a hotel room with the above mentioned, talkative, really cute 2 year old!

Public restrooms or public trees or public grassy areas with the above mentioned, really cute but potty trained in China 2 year old!

Believe it or not I will not miss Chinese food… I determined this morning that I am spoiled having Yi living with us. I can have my favorite Chinese dishes anytime I want (and I do!) and that takes the fun out of eating in China.

Today, Wednesday, we will receive our much coveted, large, brown envelope. In it is the reason we came... that and the adorable 2 year old go together. It is his immigration paperwork. It's what we've done everything for up until this point. It qualifies him as our immediate relative and thus a U.S. citizen. In doing this he looses his Chinese citizenship and becomes ours. Grateful to be his mama and welcome him into our crazy family.

I don't have any new photos... well I do but it's more of the same. Eating, playing, talking to people, watching people, walking around, hanging out in our room... Isaac is enjoying watching Chinese cartoons! I'll upload the photos from today and yesterday before we leave on Thursday morning and then the next pictures will be from home!

No comments: