Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Running a Marathon

We are still alive. Feeling like we have been running a marathon with no end in sight but we are pressing on... waiting, hoping, waiting, hoping... that seems to be the name of the game. My sister in law sent me this scenario today and it provided some much needed comic relief. The only difference is that God hasn't answered my why questions about this waiting yet but I guess that is part of this faith journey.

Me (in a tizzy) : God, can I ask you something?


GOD: Sure.


Me: Promise you won't get mad?


GOD: I promise.


Me (frustrated): Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?


GOD: What do you mean?


Me: Well I woke up late,


GOD: Yes


Me: My car took forever to start,


GOD: Okay....


Me (growling): At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait



GOD: Hmmmm..



Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call



GOD: All right


Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?


GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.


Me (humbled): Oh...


GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road


Me (ashamed): ............


GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work

Me (embarrassed): Oh.....


GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered


Me (softly): I see God


GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.


Me: I'm sorry God.


GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the good and the bad


Me: I WILL trust you God


GOD: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan


Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.


GOD: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children.


I thought this was pretty funny!

We've been trying to get last minute things and appointments taken care of. Joshua's now the proud owner of hearing aides. It's been quite the challenge to get the molds that fit in his ears to fit just right but we are on the right track. They really seem to be helping him so that is wonderful!!

Joy has a cardio appt. next week... she has complained a few times of her heart "racing" when she lays down at night.

Grace is going to the orthopedist this week to see what may be going on with her arm. For about 2 months now it has bothered her off and on from a fall she took on a pogo stick. Falling off the rip stick on that arm probably didn't help a few weeks ago. I had taken her to urgent care a month or so ago and they didn't see anything but we are going to go to the ortho just to make sure since it's still bothering her when she uses it alot.

My grandmother is out of the hospital and recovering from her broken hip and home which is great news.

The Chinese Adoption Center has said our TA was sent out today, Tuesday, China time so hopefully it can arrive to our agency on Thursday or Friday. Nothing like waiting a month for something that is supposed to take a week or 2. BUT soon that will all be a distant memory I am sure :)

Hoping for some good news SOON!! We are excited to be waiting with a neat family from PA and should be traveling with them. They are adopting an older girl which will bring back fun memories of our time in China with Joy. Here is their blog. Looking forward to meeting them in person very soon. It has been fun to have someone to pray with and talk to during this race to the finish line!

No comments: