Thursday, December 15, 2011

Headed Home

Yesterday Grace and I went to the Museum of Science. The Children's hospital gave us free tickets. So Josh and Nana stayed home at the home away from home. Joshua needed some time to chill. He is way overstimulated. Anything triggers him. I am finding that I have to just ignore him and wait it out. The things we had been doing to help him self regulate are just not working.

Here are some pictures from our day out.


 This is a Pig Frog... had to take a picture for Faith who LOVES pigs. How about this for a Christmas gift?!

 With all the thought I've put into my lil guys mouth recently I was a bit jealous of this gum line and pretty, functional palate. I didn't know until recently that it was possible to covet a mouth but as a confession it is!!

 Isaac would call this a "beaver chew". Any tree he saw in the forest that had beaver teeth markings he used to call a "beaver chew". Can you tell I am missing everyone at home?!!
 Boston Harbor... it is really pretty although it was an overcast day. Boston is such a neat town and I have learned that I really like city life. I like walking everywhere and being close to everything.


Thanks Grace for a great day out. We also went shopping yesterday night close to our house. Thanks to Nana who watched Joshie.

Today is the day we head home and have our post op appointment. Please pray that anything that if anything has detached God would reattach and that Joshua would learn how to use his new palate for great speech. I'm so nervous... can you tell??!!!! When I listen to him talk and it seems worse or the same I want to cry even though I know that it'll take a few months to totally heal and learn to use his new palate.

No comments: