Thursday, March 10, 2011

Some Bible verses that have me thinkin'

"And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:9-11


"Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise, says the Lord. I will protect them from those who malign them." Psalm 12:5


"For He will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death." Psalm 72:12,13


I had an opportunity today to talk to someone about adoption. She is a friend of a friend and we were recommended because they are considering adoption of an 8 year old girl from the Ukraine. As we talked I thought about the meshing together of our family, especially the kids. Joy and Faith more times than not get along so well but it just has taken time. So much of life we try to rush through but it's the experience and just the journey that we learn so much from. That is true for our kids as well. So many times people are concerned for the kids they have at home already when adopting and I guess I look to these verses above for answers. They and we are light in a dark world when we are loving the oppressed, the needy.


This person I talked to today has a heart for helping girls caught in human trafficking. It was inspiring and hard to hear at the same time. When you see girls, ages 6 and up caught up in unimaginable things it is hard to think about.


Like I said the verses have gotten me thinkin' a lot about what God wants us as His children to be and to do.

No comments: