Friday, March 25, 2011

Random Thoughts

I talked via email yesterday with someone who is adopting from the same orphanage that Zhi Zhou is in. They left today to become a forever family and are hoping to get pictures for those of us in the process. God orchetrating events reminds me of this popular ancient Chinese saying.

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumsance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."

We had our first home study visit today, last one tomorrow, plus 12 month post placement visit for Joy. Moving right along. We are going to be finishing up buying stuff for Joy and I's trip to China plus putting together our first care package for Zhi Zhou (English name to be determined).

Here are some totally cute pictures of Isaac and Joshua getting boxes off our porch. They get so excited when the mailman comes with more stuff for kids in China. About every other day we get some more items from all over to take to China with us to the orphanage.

Here is what our room looks like right now. You think all this will fit in 5 suitcases?! Good thing my husband is a packing king. Somehow he'll make it all fit and be under 50 pounds each!

We enjoyed a wonderful day at the park with friends. Clayton is away at our church's men's retreat so Yi, the kids, and I are going to go to the Chinese market tonight.

Here is a verse I ran across on someone else's blog today! It's amazing how quickly the world gets smaller when you are adopting! After reading this verse I thought alot about how many times I have stood in awe of God after seeing my kids for the first time, watching them play, or listening to them say something funny.

"When you see the children I will give you, then you will acknowledge that I am the holy God of Isreal. You will honor me and stand in awe of me."

-Isaiah 29:23


God is amazing indeed!

No comments: