Friday, March 18, 2011

Doors

What He opens no one can shut, and what He shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept My word and have not denied My name.

~ Revelation 3:7-8

Saw this verse on someone else's blog that of course had to do with adoption and loved it. Mostly because I do not have much of an open door/ shut door relationship with God. What I mean is, I am the kind of girl who just wants an answer from the Lord. I don't want to be left guessing, I want to be certain I've heard from Him. I want to hear His voice and then move from there... pushing forward if the answer is a DEFINITE yes and backing off if it is a DEFINITE no.

Sometimes God speaks through His Word, other times He speaks in His still, small voice but I don't like depending on circumstances for answers from Him. Because you see circumstances change and God doesn't!!

But this verse speaks peace to my heart that as I am clinging to Him, He will open doors I can't and shut doors I can't open! Ah... sigh of relief!

No comments: