Thursday, March 3, 2011

I have a problem...

After having Yi living with us and cooking us "real" Chinese foods nothing I cook is spicy enough. So everything I used to like tastes VERY bland. Really... I am not just being funny. A typical meal at our house these days is me cooking a few American things, her cooking a few Chinese things while I try to learn and then setting them all on the table. It's like a buffet every meal which is really fun BUT everytime I eat something I used to like I just sit there chewing. Now if the rest of my family, except Joy, liked spicy Chinese food this wouldn't be an issue but they don't. Hmmm... I am thinking I am really going to miss Yi not being here this summer. Maybe I'll loose some lbs' though.

I need to take some pictures of our table these days at meal time especially of the exotic dishes like snail in soup, eel, shrimp with their heads (and no I couldn't bring myself to eat the very large sea snail or the heads of the shrimp). Neither could Clayton which he'll eat just about anything!

On another note... when it hit March 1st I started getting really excited about going to China in April. Here is the list of needs from the orphanage in China. I'm always amazed by the adoption community. We already have some clothes and walkers to take. If you would like to contribute or mail some items to me you can email me and I'll give you our address:

• Banofen – capsules 25mg per capsule- prescription strength



• Hydrocortizone cream - prescription strength.


• Antifungal cream


• Cough mixture – for dry persistent coughs


• Diaper rash creams


• Vitamin C chewables


• Large bottles of children’s Tylenol


• Onesies (18 months and under) with or without feet


• Onesies (18 months and under) without legs


• New or used pajamas – children any size, for summer


• Poster paints- 16oz bottles

No comments: