Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy New Year!

Today we are going to celebrate the Chinese New Year with Yi and her friend. The girls, Faith and Joy, are dressed in their Chinese clothes and we have our red envelopes ready to give out :) Grace is with her Sunday School class ice skating but has her clothes ready to put on for dinner. Fun times!

We are trying to keep ourselves busy while waiting. We try to take the kids out for a "date" for their birthday each year. Faith's birthday was in November... a bit behind I know BUT we had fun roller skating with her and a friend.

Then the next day we decided to go ice skating for a home school day at the ice rink. This was Joy and Isaac's first time skating. They had a blast!

Then I decided to premake a few meals for the "my head is in a fog" first few days weeks home from China. So happy to have 6 meals behind me... 2 meatloaves, chicken spaghetti, pot pie, ritz chicken, and brocolli and cheese soup.


Trying to keep my mind off this waiting is such fun. I think the last set of pictures from China did me in. I realized Micah is getting bigger without us.

I did read another amazing devotion in Faith's "Jesus Calling" book. It was titled "Trust my Way" and the main verse with it was Isaiah 55:9

"For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts highter than your thoughts"

I recently read a devotion that said sometimes God allows us to see the end... like a mountaintop. BUT we can't see the way to the top. The details we trust to Him. That is how I'm feeling in several areas recently so I'm trying, by His grace, to enjoy the journey and not take any shortcuts but learn the things He wants to teach me along the paths.

No comments: