Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wenqian's shots are finished.... Praise God!

And I definitely have the toughest, bravest child in the world. Now her mom that’s another story. I held back tears and almost passed out when we walked out. I think it was a combination of her reaction, the feeling of my child being herded like a cow through examinations and shots. I didn’t make a scene, just laid my head back and let the feeling pass. So between the 5 shots…. The fact that people were telling her to be brave… she was saying, “I am a brave girl.” At each shot she just flinched and said ouch. I was thinking it’s okay honey mommy’s crying for you! Anyway, we all lived through it. So far her TB test looks good!   

 

Wenqian has been a little more clingy today. She has wanted me to hold her and just lay in my lap even before the shots. She also talked more than she has been in her sleep last night. I so wish I could understand everything she was saying. I’m sure it would give me better insight into how she is processing all of this.

 

Our Visa appointment is Tuesday after the TB test is read and then our swearing in is on Wednesday.  Thursday we fly to Beijing. That starts our journey home except for a stop at the Great Wall. We are off to eat at Lucy’s. Woo Hoo… the worst and the best cheeseburger I’ve ever eaten. We get to go to church tonight at 7:30 so we are also excited about that. I’ll post pictures later tonight.

 

Thanks for the prayers. Please keep praying for Isaac and Joshua. I think this last week is getting long for them.

No comments: