Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lots of exciting things!








Here are some pictures of Grace's last day at school, Field Day. She wanted us all to come and her teacher was sweet to let all our kids play games as well. Everyone had fun. Then we all went swimming at a local indoor pool and had a fun last day of school.

Isaac had his last soccer game this weekend so here are some pictures of him. Joshua also was signed up for soccer but didn't play. The anxiety was just too much for him and he was way too overwhelmed at everyone running around so he didn't finish out the year but since I paid for the trophy he got it!! Let's just say it'll be a few years until he gets signed up to play another sport but that's okay.

Joy couldn't be prouder of herself in learning how to ride a bike (in two weeks) and so are we!!! When you see the video please know that she has a purple princess bike but the training wheels were still on it and she was determined so I gave her Isaac's bike to try on and off she went. After Clayton got home he took the training wheels off her bike and she did just as well.

Joy is such a blessing to our family. Her 9th birthday is this week. She is going to get her ears pierced and enjoy and day of family and gifts just for her. She picked out a princess theme and I'll be making her a princess castle cake. There are so many emotions... I don't even know how to process them all. I thought I'd be grieving the 9 years we've lost with her but instead I'm so grateful for the 9 years of miracles that she had in China. I'm grateful for those that have prayed for her and supported her. I'm grateful for her birthparents for giving her life. I'm overwhelmed at the decision they felt they had to make to allow others to raise her. I pray for them alot and for her China family that loves her and cared for her through 2 surgeries and lots of memories that I'm sure she'll share in the months and years to come.

Meanwhile I'm trying to write down all the memories I have of her and our experience with her in China so that I can share details with her over time. I know from others' experience that she'll want to know any details we have. We are probably still in the honeymoon period but I'm content here even if I feel like there is so much more beneath her fun loving surface. In time those things will come out and I get to be here to walk through them with her. We are just super grateful for our new daughter and the Joy that she truly is! And even when this honeymoon is over we'll love her all the more because she IS our daughter!

2 comments:

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Wow, great job with the bike!!!

Looks like everyone is having fun!!

Jean said...

Wow- what a great job!! Way to go Joy!!

If you haven't had any challenges yet you may have a daughter that just fit right in! By this time we had many challenges with our daughter. What a blessing she is and what a blessing they all are!!

Love following along! Our travel date to Guilin is looking later- ugh- more like end of june. (bummer)