Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bravest Girl in the World

I do believe we are now parents to the bravest child in the world. All of our kids have specific character traits that I admire. Wenqian’s is most definitely her bravery and amazing attitude to change. Upon leaving Guilin I had the guide tell her that we would be going by train to Nanning picking up paperwork and going by plane to Guangzhou. She said matter of factly, “Oh I’ve never been to Guangzhou  before or flown in a plane.” Her eyes were as wide as silver dollars upon take off. She did not cry leaving Guangxi but I certainly did for her. Lord willing, she will come back one day but she will be a different person and see the world and China with totally different eyes. As we were leaving on the plane I had our guide explain once again that we were flying to Guangzhou to which Wenqian asked, “When do I go to America?” She thinks her home is in hotels because I had someone explain to her that we had a toy she wanted (a keyboard type thing) at home. Wenqian said, “ I can’t find it.” So I had the person tell her that it was her home in America and the hotels were just temporary. Everything in her life thus far has been temporary but I must say she is very patient about it. I can’t wait until she realizes what a forever family is!!!

 

Have to go for now and I’ll tell the name story soon. Her name is Wenqian not Menqian… long story. Just wanted to let everyone know we arrived in Guangzhou safely and are glad to be here. I’ll also post pictures later tonight.

 

We love you Isaac and Joshua and miss you a lot!!

No comments: