Sunday, August 14, 2011

Really Amazing!

I never really got to post about what happened last week with Joshua and I's trip to Boston. I mentioned that there was a mix up with scheduling. What I thought we were there for and what we should have been scheduled for did not happen. Now the Lord did allow us to get some information about what to do and not do for his teeth that wouldn't have happened if we would have done what we thought we were supposed to do.

Bottom line is I spent about 30 hours feeling well... just bummed. It was the struggle of trusting God that He knew what He was doing at making us pay for 2 trips up there, then probable surgery instead of 1 trip then surgery. My head knew He was faithful and trustworthy but my heart was having a REALLY hard time catching up. True to His nature He eventually helped me get there last Sunday.

On Monday I called Children's in Boston to get our next appointment time. God allowed me to talk to the coordinator that had messed things up.

She was actually very apologetic which I was not expecting... I mean really what doctor's office admits to messing up without you ever saying anything to them. The doctor realized it and had talked to her.

God had brought me to the point that all I cared about at this point was getting Joshua what he needed at the next appointment and a sweet trust in Him that even though I didn't understand it we had been there for reasons beyond my understanding. I was okay with not seeing the big picture like He does.

So we started the ball rolling for another appointment. She was trying to work out the details of all the tests the doctor (who we really like) had ordered for Joshua.

Then the most amazing thing happened. On Tuesday she called and wanted to reimburse us for our plane tickets. God is incredible isn't He?!! I was so amazed I was pretty much speechless!

So the bottom line is we go back October 16-19 to Boston for two days worth of appointments and tests for Dr. Meara to figure out what type of surgery will help Joshua's ears and palate the most. God is always faithful, even when we can't see what He is doing behind the scenes :)

No comments: