Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ransom

Saturday I read this post. The word ransom ran in my head all Saturday night.

Then Sunday morning in church we sang a song telling about Jesus paying our ransom. I am not only saved from the penalty of my sin. In saving me He fully paid my ransom.

So that led me to thinking about our soon to be son, Guan Zhi Zhou's, ransom. As far as we can tell right now after a few generous gifts and Clayton working some extra jobs his ransom is about $5,000 short.

Tonight at church, for the 1st time I felt doubt we'd get there. Yes, I know, real spiritual, at church nonetheless.

Then God showed me Joy worshipping the Jesus she had never heard of a year and a half ago. I vividly remember a Skype conversation with a friend in China as this Chinese believer told Joy what church is and how she had been ransomed from the consequences of her sin through Him.

Some look at adoption as some great humanitarian act but I see and know differently. We are not even remotely good or perfect parents, yet He has used us to introduce Joy and Joshua to the gospel message when otherwise they had not heard.

I also remembered Joy's near panic, incredibly bold conversations with her Nai Nai via Skype telling her about who Jesus is and what He has done for everyone.

So, God encouraged me in my unbelief and discouragement. Just like Him isn't it?!

If you'd like to help pay for Samuel's ransom please click on his photo to the right to make a tax deductible donation.

Thank you and I promise to share Samuel's God stories that you get to be a part of!

Here are some verses that encouraged my heart tonight:

Isaiah 50:2
"When I came, why was there no one? When I called, why was there no one to answer? Was my arm too short to ransom you? Do I lack the strength to rescue you? By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea, I turn rivers into a desert: their fish rot for lack of water and die of thirst."

1 Timothy 2:5,6
"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all men- the testimony given in its proper time."

No comments: