Friday, August 5, 2011

Good news

First some really cute pictures of our few days. The plane ride...

 On the bus on the way to the doctor.
Public transportation isn't so bad after all!
 Lunch... noodles and fried rice for Josh!

 This is where I told Josh he can go to college, as long as he has a scholarship... Harvard Medical School.
My favorite Joshie comments from the past two days.

At Atlanta airport while we were eating supper he kept asking me what time it was. He was afraid we'd miss the plane. He said, "I'm so excited I'm just freaking out." AND he was!

Then when we landed in Boston he looked at me pointed to his mouth and said, "Do people here speak like we do?" I was a bit confused until I asked, "Do you mean, do the speak English?" To that he said, "Yes, because I don't speak Chinese." He is such a funny kid.

The doctor is confident he can help him with VPI (air escaping through his nose) and the fistulas (holes toward the beginning of his palate) causing air to escape and food to come out his nose. The hard thing is that in order to determine which surgeries to do we need to come back for testing in a month. Then he seems to think we can schedule surgery for one or two months after that.

We'll also do a nose revision in a year or so after Josh recovers from palate surgery. I was really impressed with some of his patients' noses I saw in the waiting room :)

I also met a family that has two children from Kunming, where Samuel is from so they were fun to talk to.

All in all, I didn't want to have yet another trip here without surgery but I'm glad I like the doctor and am glad something more can be done for Joshua. We still will have to get to the bottom of his ears on the next visit with tests also. Kind of bummed we couldn't do it all this trip but it is what it is so we'll just keep moving forward.

Romans 8:31, 32 "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us who can be against us. He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all- how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?"

No comments: