Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Worship

In light of all the wonderful things that God has done this week over and beyond anything we could have hoped or imagined I decided to look at worship in His Word this morning. Here is what I found:

 

“Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad. Let them say among the nations, The Lord reigns.” 1 Chronicles 16:31

 

We were talking last night about in our wildest dreams we couldn’t have imagined the way He has orchestrated our steps to get here and then the things we’ve been able to experience while here. It has been wonderful to be involved every waking moment in the two things I believe from His Word to be closest to His heart, people’s souls and orphans. Not only orphans but those that are oppressed, that have no voice of their own.

 

So I also read Romans 12:1. “Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God’s mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship.”

 

This made me ask myself the questions. How much is enough? How many is enough? The answer from God’s Word is our ALL!! We can never out give God.

 

AND today was our Joshie’s birthday…. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR JOSHIE! You were the start of an amazing work God is doing in our life. Though I can’t wrap my mind around God’s sovereignty in how you had to come into our lives I will forever be grateful you are in our family! Many thoughts and prayers to you, the mom who gave you life, and the One who sustains it! I love you!!!

No comments: