Sunday, April 10, 2011

So Ready

As you know orphans and God's care and love for them is so near and dear to my heart because the more I learn about Jesus and what God loves the more I realize that those that have no voice have His heart. I loved this video when I saw it on an advocacy blog I just had to share.

As we get ready to go to Guilin, China to train teachers and love on orphans my heart is so full. Full of gratefulnes for the opportunity to go. Full of gratefulness at those who have prepared the way for us. Full of generousity from those that have provided 6 suitcases FULL of supplies for us to take to them! The families and volunteers at An Orphan's Wish are amazing along with the people we go to church with.

Please pray with us for these things as we prepare to go trusting that God has orchestrated our steps and paved the way!
  • Pray that we would be an encouragement to the carers at the orphanage
  • Pray for our friend Bruce Liu, Joy's foster parents and grandmother. That they would see the hope and peace in our lives that only Jesus can give and want Him.
  • And pray for our kids and husbands at home, between the two of us, Willette and I, we have 12 kids. Two of them will be with us so 10 kids and their wonderful dads will be at home holding down the fort!
This morning I asked God to give me a verse to cling to while we are there. It is Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy andpeace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

God also reminded me of the verse He used to confirm that He would indeed make a way for us to go. It is Isaiah 52:7 "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, Your God reigns!"

   The amazing thing about this verse is that today I saw the first part of it about the mountains. Guilin is one of 2 places in the world with limestone mountains. I thought it was sweet of the Lord to show me that! Thanks for praying with us. I can't wait to share the amazing time we will have!

No comments: