Friday, April 22, 2011

In Shanghai

As Joy says only 2 more planes left.  We’ve had an uneventful journey home, except the VERY hot and smoky airport in Guilin. We became a little grumpy comparing it to the Revelation Road turn or burn experience. Joy and I slept the entire 2 hour flight and we enjoyed a good night’s rest in Shanghai. Now we are going to wander the hotel looking for a coffee shop. We have had so many emotional, wonderful experiences this week but today I decided to write about the most humorous ones.

 

On Thursday when we went to Yang Shuo and rode the e-bike Lilly and I were laughing as we would go fast over speed bumps and nearly come off the scooters. We got to laughing so hard we stopped and Lilly actually fell off her scooter, while STOPPED! After the initial, Oh no her leg is caught under the bike is it broken moment, it was really funny. Especially because it took Elizabeth and Gabby FOREVER to realize we weren’t behind them. After I got the scooter up off of Lilly’s leg we just stood there laughing to see how long it would take them to come back.

 

On Friday one of the little girls observed that I had yellow eye brows and hair. Then she proceeded to tell me maybe I was a little Chinese but couldn’t tell me how. She settled it by saying she had black hair because she was Chinese and I did not because I was a foreigner. It was funny and sweet to watch her laugh and smile from ear to ear as she was talking and joking with me. Her and one other little boy made us laugh often with their witty personalities!

 

Next week I’ll share more of the sweet, heart pulling stuff but for now I decided to keep it light!

No comments: