Thursday, April 8, 2010

What to do when you're feeling discouraged?



Besides moose tracks ice cream I am really trying to stay very busy these days. Earlier this week everyone with the Article 5 date that we were supposed to have received their travel approvals so I just feel kind of bummed. We are making some guessing about when it could come but quite frankly I'm tired of guessing. So we went camping with some friends for spring break and had a very fun time just hanging out with them.









As I was cleaning out the camper today I did think about the fact that Lord willing next time we go camping we will have 5 kids in here. Didn't Clayton do an amazing job turning our 4 bunk camper into a 5 bunk one? He moved the top two bunks down some and then put in a fifth on top of the shelving unit in the back. Grace sleeps in the highest bunk and loves it. It's so nice to have a handy husband.






I also finished Joy's crosstitched verse for over her bed while we were there. I am reading this verse often as a reminder of it's truth.





Grace asked today why we didn't know when we were leaving yet. I once again explained the mix up between our agency and the person that was supposed to take our paperwork to the U.S. Consulate and the week and a half delay that happened as a result. She expressed her frustration that for about a month I've been saying we could travel in about 3-4 weeks to her. I proceeded to explain to her that I am as disappointed and frustrated as she is. I admit at those moments I'd really like to see God's greater plan. About 5 minutes later I heard her playing Jesus loves me on the piano and was grateful for the truthful reminder of God's working and love even when we can't see it in a situation.

I am so ready to get to China but I'm sure whenever we go will seem like the perfect time. Just ready to find out when that is!

3 comments:

Jill said...

It is so hard to see God's Bigger Picture when are amidst all of the chaos. Hang in there! :)
Blessings!
Jill :)

Wife of the Pres. said...

Praying!!! And thanks for sharing the VERSE and the bunks! We are going to have to have a 5th bunk too. For now, I'm thinking the two littles can sleep in one foot to foot but I know they'll get bigger eventually! It is very nice to have a handy husband, especially handy ones who love Jesus and bringing at least one more orphan HOME!

Here's hoping and praying your TA comes VERY SOON, like in days!!!

Kelly Bernadsky said...

We are one of the families who also had our paperwork slightly delayed due to the error in communication. We are praying for TA anyday and trusting that God's timing is perfect despite the circumstances. Maybe we'll meet up in China!