Sunday, April 11, 2010

Travel Approval and Windows into a Mom's Heart

I actually wrote this post Sunday afternoon since I had some time and was contemplating adoption. (We received our TA today, Monday and could travel as early as next Thurs., April 22nd. Still waiting to see if we get the Consulate Appointment for May 4th. I'll post tomorrow to let everyone know exact dates!)

Joy MenQian and China are even heavier on all of our hearts these days. We went to my parents this weekend and when we told Joshua we were going to Nana and Papa's he said, "You go China.". "No honey not yet but soon," I tell him.

I was purging and reclaiming MenQian's portion of the girls' room today which led me to alot of heartfelt, tearful prayer. The kind only a mom can pray for her babies. It is so amazing to me that I can love this child so much and only know about 7 pages worth of information about her. I have very few pictures of MenQian, none of which are of when she was younger. Adoption is best defined by the grafting in of someone that is not born in your womb but in your heart is something incredible. I took one last look at her bed as I left their room and just cried. I have a photo of her and her foster grandmother in there... I looked at it and just cried. I so want to meet those that have had an influence and will continue to have an influence, even from afar, in her life. People always joke about being overseas and getting to the Atlanta airport and wanting to kiss the ground. Me, I will want to do that when we arrive in China. I will soon share two children with the people of China and it makes China feel like a second home. I've always been intrigued by the people of China and it's culture and now even more so.

We will most likely have an opportunity to go to a Christian church in Guangzhou and I couldn't be more excited. Persecuted Christians have to be the most respected, amazing people in my opinion.

Our pastor preached on Ephesians 3:17-21 at church Sunday. The last verse sums up God's working in our lives and I just love being adopted into God's family.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen."

God's plans always seem much bigger and much more amazing than anyone but Him could have ever dreamed for those that love Him and that know His Son, Jesus Christ, as their Savior from sin and death.

Please continue to pray with us for:

-A safe and wonderful journey in China
-Joy MenQian's adjustment, grief, and attachment to us
-For peace, fun, and safety for Isaac and Joshua with our parents and friends while we are away

We so appreciate your prayers. Whatever lies ahead I know it'll be comforting to know others' have made this journey before us and are praying for us all.

5 comments:

Elizabeth, David, Katie, &Chloe said...

Congratulations. China is just around the corner. Please email when you leave so I can follow your blog.
Elizabeth

Tricia said...

Angie,
I am so excited for you and your family! I can't wait to follow your journey to China!! We still haven't gotten official word that our article 5 is at the CCAA. It was supposed to be picked up on April 8th and taken to the CCAA!!! Congraulations!!!

Tricia

The Gang's Momma! said...

I can't believe it's almost time for you to head to China. I've been reading off and on but not commenting too much - feel like I barely have time to read anymore. But I'm thinking of you and so anxious to have another trip to follow. Love your heart for your girl and her homeland . . .

Gardiner's life said...

Abgie, your story always inspires me. I hope you will have a safe trip to China. We will try to get together when Joy comes to US.

Unknown said...

You will enjoy the church in Guangzhou. It was really a neat experience to be there on Easter Sunday, praising God in two different tongues knowing that all tongues give Him glory. Looking forward to following your trip. If you need someone to post to the blog for you, let me know. I'd be glad to help.
Kelly