Thursday, November 17, 2011

While waiting...

This is what we did while waiting for the ghost LOA.... After Halloween I decided I needed a little pick me up to deal with Joshua's upcoming surgery and Micah's missing LOA. Since I'll be gone for 2 weeks in December for Joshua's surgery and the first week or so at home recovering will be a blur I thought it'd be fun to enjoy the Christmas decorations now.


I was right! Christmas decorations after Halloween might be a new tradition at our house. For those of you that think people just skip over Thanksgiving to get to Christmas by putting out decorations too early I'd have to say you are wrong. I'll just add to my "Thankful For" list that my tree is up and I'm enjoying every morning reading by it for a few weeks longer this year.

Does anyone know what this is by our Thanksgiving book? We read this book every year! A favorite for sure! 

This was used by "The Tithing Man" at church by the pilgrims. Each end of this utensil had a purpose in church. The knob would tap kids' heads for talking or giggling. The feather end would tickle if someone fell asleep during one of their VERY long church services. Isaac got this during a pilgrims class at co op this semester. They all think it's funny. I think I'm putting it in our church bag this week for our fidgety child :)

No comments: