Friday, May 13, 2011

This week....

We received our finalized home study and sent off for the next step, USCIS approval. Always something exciting and trying. Enjoying adoption paperwork, which I was determined to do, is like telling yourself you'll enjoy a root canal. You rush to wait seems to be the name of the game. My best guess for meeting Samuel Zhi Zhou for the first time... Oh let's say maybe December or January. Who knows really... God does! We'll just rest in that!

Here is a photo of me and the kids after opening Mother's Day gifts. Clayton had to rush out of town for work.  He called my dad to ask if they could take the kids to buy me some gifts for Mom's Day. So my parents took them to get gifts, Thanks mom and dad!
The great hair cut... and I don't mean me as the hair cutter... I mean there is a story for this hair do. Joy has off and on wanted to try short hair since coming home. You see in China it is not looked fondly upon for girls to have short hair so she was scared to actually do it. I think it made a statement for her and I both and I'll just leave the story there. I think she looks quite beautiful and it's not because she has short or long hair! 

 The kids at AWANA awards night. We are so proud of them all for learning God's Word.





 Grace and Faith participated in the Bible Bee and got 1st and 2nd place!! Great job girls! Isaac did the Bible Bee too but I think got a little nervous in the finals. It was a good experience for him though and he was a pro for awards night saying his verse very confidently!

No comments: