Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Home Study Done

Moving on to the next step in the process felt good. We sent off for USCIS approval/ fingerprinting today!! WHOO HOO!

I told a few people today that at the beginning of this process I was determined to enjoy this adoption process. It is most likely going to be our last adoption for quite some time. I was determined to enjoy my third pregnancy too... Isaac was born in September. You don't even have to ask if I really enjoyed being pregnant during a GA summer.

Well, after dealing with our local DFCS office about something so simple, that took them 5 minutes to do but 6 weeks to sit on when other counties usually get it done in 24 hours I have decided that enjoying the adoption paperwork/ process would be like telling yourself to enjoy a root canal!

I'm not saying there aren't lessons to be learned, I'm just saying I don't have to like dealing with government offices. The ones here or in China.

Putting the past behind us and glad to have our finalized home study in hand! Now if homeland security would hurry and give us a fingerprinting appointment. And then take us when we walk in before our paper actually says too. We shall see....

No comments: