Monday, May 2, 2011

Our last few days and photos at the House of Love

 Sweet Debbie concentrating on her playdough!
 Another picture from the clubfoot unit. We also got to see a casting while we were there, it is amazing what a great job they do at the House of Love with kids' clubfeet. Life changing for the kids for sure!
 On Wednesday Willette and I had an opportunity to talk to some of the parents from the autism school at the orphanage. I have a lot of respect for these parents because they have decided to parent their children in a culture that doesn't understand sanctity of EVERY life. The parents and grandparents shed several tears as they asked fairly simple parenting questions. The love they obviously had for their children was a blessing to us.

 Sorting pilchers, boosters, and nappies (Australian version of plastic diapers and liners)! We had fun doing this talking and laughing!
 Finished product... a very full shelf of new, very much needed cloth diapers!
 Have I mentioned how much Joy enjoyed playing the Wii with the kids in the Residential/ CP Unit in the afternoon. It is used as part of a reward system at the House of Love. Sounds a lot like my house!
 One of Joy's teachers at church gave her some bookmarks to give to the kids. She was so excited to do this and the kids were thrilled to receive a gift. Since seeing their faces when they receive simple new items I am keeping a box of things at my house to send over when it is full from here on out! They loved them and we saw them all afternoon looking at them and having their carers read them!

 Aahhh... the baby room (Special Care Unit)
Tomorrow I'll try to blog about our VERY fun day at Yang Shuo... yes, the day I got to ride an e-bike in China. I've decided why I like driving in China... there are no rules. For those of you that know me you know that I'm not a very good rule follower so it just fits that I would like driving in China!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying reading about your trip to China and to the House of Love. Love seeing the photos of the all the kiddos at HoL!!

Fellow AOW volunteer, Carrie