Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting Ready for Joy's Birthday

I thought I'd start with some pictures of Joy from when she was younger. These pictures are a true treasure.









 This is the youngest photo we have of Joy.
Very grateful to those that documented parts of her life with photos that we and her can enjoy!
Not only do these photos show different stages of her life they document God's hand in her life when she had never heard His name. Many people in these photos and those that know them prayed for her and were a blessing to her. 

We already celebrated a party with her last weekend with family. Tomorrow she gets to have some friends over for a sleepover. I admit that as she was getting ready to blow out her candles I had a twinge of pain for the birthdays I missed with her.

But if there is one big thing I have learned through adoption is that my children are really not my own. God allows many things and people in their lives to show Himself to them. None of them are really mine, they are His and I am grateful to get to parent all of them no matter if they came to us by birth or through adoption. We are blessed to call them our sons and daughters.

We love you Joy and are grateful to get to see the wonderful young woman you continue to be!!

No comments: