Thursday, February 24, 2011

What do you do after a less than encouraging doctor appointment with your baby?

You remember how far you've come and the faithfulness of God! In light of that thought I went through the pictures of our first few days and moments with him.

Joshie had a follow up ENT appointment today. And well he has some considerable hearing loss, not surprising, he's been exhibiting some symptoms. Like whenever I say something in a lower voice he gets up to my face and says, "What did you say?"

The problem is that no one seems to know why or what has caused it. So... we go to an audiologist and make an appointment with the craniofacial team to see if whatever is going on is cleft related. This will most likely land him getting a CT scan of his head which will show everything about his head.

On the way home through a very large lump in my throat (not sure why I even try to hold back tears, it always seems to make it worse.) I told God I just wanted answers. Then He reminded me that He does know the answer. I decided after a few many tears to put on my big girl panties, remember God's faithfulness in my little guy's life and "pray my guts out" (as a good friend says). That the God who can already see inside his little head would just heal him!
So the same God who cared for him in China, has cared for him here, will continue to care for him!

No comments: