Sunday, July 8, 2012

Finally...

My sanity has arrived.

The play yard for Micah came in the mail on Thursday and it's working. Not only is it offering me some much needed sanity it is helping him to learn to play with toys. He now will play with the toys that he has inside the playpen outside of the playpen and not meddle into everything.

I have set up 5 containers of different types of toys for him to play with and just switch them out periodically.

So in light of some sanity returning to me I stayed up really late with the help of my awesome hubby and started setting up the kids' history and science notebooks. We are using My Father's World Year 4 this year and everyone will be doing history together. Grace will do a seperate science. My Father's World offers lesson plans for Saxon and Singapore math so that helps a ton too!

Finally starting to get the knot out of my stomach when I think about school next year. With God all things are possible right?!!

1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

Now that's a great tool for a new-to-home kiddo!

We did something similar for Li'l Empress - she was totally overwhelmed by the "bigness" of the downstairs living space and couldn't seem to know where to go and what to do first. So we barricaded off a small space to start with, with just a few books and a couple of her fave toys from our time together in China. Then we slowly expanded the space to the point that she only needed the barricades for safety (when I was cooking, stairs, etc.) It was a tip I got from another Xi'an momma who had seen where the kids lived and "played" and noticed that hers seemed to prefer tiny little cubbies and hidey holes when he first came home. I was so grateful that I remembered it and tried it! Good luck and welcome back, sanity :)