Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sweet Girl and a Sweet Dog

I love this girl! Yesterday she had her first middle school tennis match. She had a year of playing being at the top of the totem pole now she is at the bottom being in 6th grade.

We needed to have the conversation that who she is- is not dependant on winning or loosing, how well she plays or does not play anything, not just tennis! I learned this much too late in life and has been a goal of mine to teach my kids early.

She said yes I do know that and get it but why does it still feel bad? It's still just more fun to win that's for sure.
So when she asked to let this sweet dog of ours sleep with her I had to say yes! I did throw in there a "Shh, don't let your daddy know!" He did catch on when I went up there with a camera and MeiLi was nowhere to be found to go for a walk with us. So I guess the post should be titled Sweet Man, Girl and Dog!

And just for fun here is the verse I am meditating on today.
1 Corinthians 8:6
"Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

Ain't that just the truth!! Praying that our dear friend Yi will see that soon. It is breaking my heart that we continue to have conversation after conversation about this verse's truth, the authenticity of the Bible, and still she is content to sit on the sidelines and not take that first step of faith. Please, please pray God will continue to prove Himself to her and make Himself known to her and that everything else she looks to for contentment would feel VERY empty and temporary.

No comments: