Friday, August 27, 2010

H Plori Bacteria and School

I have  tried all summer long to get doctor appointments done and alot of fun in so that when school started we'd have most of our mornings free and we'd feel refreshed. Well....

The best laid plans is the phrase that comes to mind.

After deciding to start school, then take a week to go camping I thought, "Okay this is it." Now we can focus.

That was before H Plori hit me last Sunday night. For those of you that aren't familiar with that bacteria well, I hope you never are. Stabbing pains in my stomach, sleepless nights, and of course not the best homeschooling days. For a day I thought I had a stomach virus. When it got worse I thought I needed gull bladder surgery. So I made a doctor appointment which was strange in and of itself since the only two times I've gone to our primare care physician is when I needed him to fill out our adoption physical forms. Thankfully his physicians assistant was on top of things and thought to test for this bacteria. The bottom line is it is a bacteria that eats away at your stomach causing ulcers. Sound fun huh?! Well, now I'm on two antibiotics (that have their own lovely side effects) for 14 days!

Gotta love best laid plans!

Life happens in a house of 7 people. It just usually involves one of the little people in our home.

Maybe next week will be more "normal" or maybe this week was "normal" and I just need to adjust... always something new, never a dull moment!

Here is a photo of the girls and I doing Chinese class. Forgive me if I look a little under the weather. I think this was Tuesday and I didn't get to the doctor until Wednesday.














Here are some photos of our church's summer musical. All the kids did a fantastic job! Joshua has come so far that he is even standing on the stage. Our parents came and our friend Yi that we always enjoy being around. Tomorrow Yi, the girls, and I are going to a new Asian market to get some food. It'll be fun!

No comments: