Sunday, July 4, 2010

This is what we've been doing this summer....

Joy and Isaac have learned how to swim. We got a membership to an Aquatic Center about 20 minutes from our house. Probably not the wisest financial decision with medical bills unpaid but it IS VERY fun. They are all loving the outdoor waterpark area and it also has two indoor pools that we'll enjoy in the winter and now. They love jumping off the diving board. Joy and Isaac in particular are SO proud of themselves. Unfortunately I do not have any photos yet. In light of having to remember lunch, towels, etc. for all of us I just keep forgetting our camera. Next week though I'll get some photos and post them. They are so precious in the new found fun!

We are enjoying our summer! Joy has amazed us with her persistent character. The fact that she has learned to ride a bike with training wheels, without training wheels, spent the night at a friend's house with her sister for the first time, is learning another language (while I desperately try not to let her loose her Mandarin), and learned to swim all in about 6 weeks is pretty incredible. God has allowed so many good things in our lives.

The girls are having their share of jealous, competitive moments but overall are improving in their adjustments toward each other. We are trying hard to spend time with each of them alone and together. Any ideas on sibling jealousy would be welcomed. Overall we know it is better now than when we first came home so we are happy with the progress. Being the fact that we now have 3 preteen girls in our home jealousy and competition may just be a way of life for the next few years or decade! I try to keep all the wonderful times they spend together in my mind when I am sitting on one of their beds while they cry and vent to me.

We were able to talk to Joy's China family again Tuesday and that is always such a blessing. Our good friend, Yi, who is also from China and here on a work Visa will be moving closer to us at the end of July. We are so excited to be able to see her more. She has been such an answer to prayer in the first few weeks and months home and I'm sure will continue to be a great friend to our family.

Pictures to follow next week... I promise! I'm attaching that camera to my purse!

No comments: