Sunday, January 23, 2011

What does procrastination look like??

Right now at my house it is this....
A Chinese/ English Bible, a translator, and Chinese Made Super Easy book (what a joke!)

I have been trying to learn Chinese for almost 2 years now. I am closer than I was but I've been procrastinating getting serious about it. But now I have good reason to start cramming.

Joy and I are headed to China. Most likely over spring break. And I have a goal... I want to be able to share the Good News with Joy's Nai Nai and a friend we met on the train to Guilin and have kept in touch with.

So I started thinking about how to do this... at first I thought "Okay every spare minute I'll study."

Then I thought, "Uh-oh I have no spare minutes."

So... the plan is get up an hour earlier during the week and hear from God in His Word, then ask Him for some serious help remembering this language, and study Chinese.

It helps that in a week my Chinese friend will be living with us for 4 months. Can't wait to be able to communicate with her in Chinese instead of mostly English!

Please pray that God would orchestrate the details of our trip. We'll get to spend some precious time with friends and in places that we know through Joy's adoption process. I'm so grateful for confirmation in God's Word that indeed we should go after a season of questioning if we understood Him right.

Only I could be doing a study in the Bible of Ephesians, then end up in Romans and Isaiah. (must be why I have only been able to read through the Bible once in my life... I get side-tracked) It's just like the Lord though to provide exactly what I need at exactly the perfect time.

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who poclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, Your God reigns!"
Isaiah 52:7

" How, then can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? And it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:14-15

No comments: