Monday, November 15, 2010

Great Videos from AOW!




These two videos were created by An Orphan's Wish. Some of these children are waiting for families. Others have been deemed unadoptable by China or have aged out at 14 years old. All have been blessed by being at the House of Love. The changes in their lives are nothing short of miraculous when they are provided with good medical care and the love of God. Go to An Orphan's Wish to see what you can do to be part of what God is doing in their lives. People can give toward specific items on a one time basis, sponsor specific children monthly, and look at the children waiting for families.



Last night as I was tucking the kids into bed I saw a paper stuck to our oldest daughter's wall. It was titled "Grace's Best Christmas List Ever". It had 3 things listed in it-
  1. Take $50 and instead of getting a toy buy things for orphans.
  2. Get a big meal together to feed widows and orphans.
  3. Find kids that can help me do this.
To say that I am proud of what God is doing in her life would be an understatement. I pray none of us would be content to talk about helping the "least of these" but that we would be "doers of the Word".


1 comment:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your family! Thanks so much for your encouragement. I will email you back sometime this weekend. I'd love to call and chat soon too.